Jump to Footer

Billing Options

For your convenience, Peoples offers a Budget Billing Plan and a Third Party Notice billing option.

Budget Billing Plan

Residential customers, say goodbye to seasonal fluctuations in your gas bills. On the Budget Billing Plan, your gas usage is averaged over the past 12 months, then adjusted for current rates. That way, you pay a similar amount every month.

How does it work?

  • Budget Billing spreads higher bills over long periods. Actual or estimated meter readings, gas usage, and gas costs appear on your monthly bills.
  • Your budget amount is reviewed periodically and may be increased or decreased based on significant changes in your gas usage or rates.
  • At budget review, any remaining account balance is automatically adjusted into your new budget amount.
  • You can leave the plan at any time, however when you leave the plan, your account balance is due in full.
  • To make sure the plan works, you have to pay only the budget amount (not your current charges or the actual account balance) on each bill.
  • Stay on the plan by making sure to pay the budget amount by the due date each month. We also do not grant credit extensions or payment agreements if you're on Budget Billing.

  • Call us at 1-800-764-0111 to enroll in the Budget Billing.

Third Party Notice

Peoples wants to help you avoid the possibility of your service being shut off. When you are ill, disabled, or away from your home for long periods of time, you may not be able to pay your bills by the due dates. Peoples Third Party Notice allows you to choose a third party who is notified if you did not pay your bill or if you have overdue payments. This can be a relative, friend, clergyman, or even social service agency. We will then send a copy of notices for past due bills to that third party, who can help to arrange payment and keep your service active.

The third party will not be legally responsible for paying your bill.

If you or someone you know could benefit from Third Party Notice, please complete and submit our mail-in request form.