Take a look at the Juneteenth celebrations happening in Pittsburgh.
- CommunityJuneteenth National Freedom Day
- CommunityLove Is Love
Celebrating Pride Month
- CommunityPittsburgh Glass Center Tech Apprenticeship Offers World of Opportunities to Developing Artists
- CommunityTeaching Children and Helping Families
Dr. Dominique Thornhill talks about the importance of education and community togetherness during COVID-19.
- CommunityWhole Body Wellness for the Whole Community
We talk with Aquene Watkins-Wise of Royally Fit LLC about her equitable approach to whole body wellness and how Community Forge is providing a platform for her business to grow.
- CommunitySupporting Students with Urban Impact's "Learning Labs"
Helping students on Pittsburgh's North Side with remote learning during the pandemic.
- CommunityMore than a Label
We talk with Jordan Montgomery about his mission as an artist, the Driving While Black record label, and how the Community Forge Bloom Program is elevating his career as an entrepreneur.
- CommunityMy Time as a Pittsburgh Glass Center Technical Apprentice
By artist Jonathan Bolivar
- CommunityPittsburgh Glass Center Tech Apprentices Find Paths to Success through the Pandemic
- CommunityThanking Our Veterans
Thank you to all members of the armed forces for your courage and commitment.
- CommunityClose to Home: Peoples Partners with Urban Impact to Serve North Side During COVID-19
Despite the limitations of the pandemic, Urban Impact found new ways to serve the local community.
- CommunityBe a Helper from Home
How Peoples employees celebrated National Volunteer Week
- CommunityPeoples to Donate $100,000 to the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
The donation is part of Peoples' COVID-19 response.
- CommunityGive Comfort to the Essential
CEO Chris Franklin shares his gratitude for all essential workers during this time.
- CommunityWarming Hearts Through Project Bundle-Up
This past winter, 81 Peoples volunteers helped almost 100 children choose new coats, gloves, and boots.
- CommunityTaking Dress for Success on the Road
In 2019, Peoples helped fund two mobile boutiques for Dress for Success Pittsburgh, an organization that helps women achieve economic independence with a network of support, development tools, and professional attire.
- CommunityKick Off the Holiday Season with the Butler Spirit of Christmas Parade
The holidays are right around the corner, and we invite you all to come and celebrate with Peoples at the 55th annual Spirit of Christmas Parade in Butler, PA!
- CommunityA Sense of Family
How one Wilkinsburg entrepreneur is creating a community through dance.
- CommunityNot Just a Number
How one Wilkinsburg entrepreneur is building her business...one person at a time.
- CommunityWork Together. Build Together. Grow Together.
How Community Forge is creating an inclusive neighborhood space in Wilkinsburg
- CommunityFree Dental Clinic
Mission of Mercy is hosting a Free Dental Clinic at PPG Paints Arena on Friday, July 26th and Saturday July 27th. Volunteers are also needed!
- CommunitySupporting First Responders with the Peoples S.A.F.E. Program
Learn more about how we're helping local fire departments across our region.
- CommunityBig, Brave, and Bold
The story of HEARTH, a supportive housing service for survivors of domestic violence and their families.
- CommunityA True Partnership: How Peoples Water Will Revolutionize Our Region
Earlier this year, we announced our proposal to team up with water authorities in Allegheny County. From lower rates, to new green spaces, to thousands of jobs, see how our plan will help people across our region.
- CommunityGiving Students Options with Job Inc
Through our partnership with Urban Impact Foundation, we're supporting their Job Incubator program, which gives students the skills and experience needed to excel in the workplace.
- CommunityPeoples Unveils Proposal for World-Class Water Partnership
CEO Morgan O'Brien speaks directly to Pittsburghers in this letter, outlining our proposed partnership with municipalities across Allegheny County to construct a new water system, create new jobs, and empower our region.
- CommunitySing Out Loud with Pittsburgh Musical Theater
How Peoples is supporting a thriving local musical community
- CommunityGet a Discount to "Buddy: The Buddy Holly Story"
Peoples customers can receive a $10 discount on tickets to "Buddy: The Buddy Holly Story."
- CommunityCustomer Discount for Beatles Tribute Show
As our customer, you can now get a discount to see "RAIN - A Tribute to the Beatles" at the Palace Theatre on February 28th! It's all part of our partnership with the Westmoreland Cultural Trust.
- CommunityA Heart for the People
How a group of women in Braddock is revitalizing the community...one business at a time.
- CommunityLook for the Helpers
With the holiday season upon us, it's important to remember what truly matters. So we talked to one man who gathered his friends, brought a community together, and helped the people of Houston.
- CommunityJoin Us at the Beaver County River Regatta!
The boats are back in Beaver County! Come celebrate summer at the Beaver County River Regatta from August 18th - 20th.
- CommunityA Gift of Time: Big Brothers Big Sisters
We have over 30 Peoples employees involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Pittsburgh. And for every one of them, being able to connect with children in our region and become a role model for them is a life-changing experience.
- CommunityThe Best Kept Wedding Secret
More often, couples are ditching traditional reception halls in favor of more rustic wedding venues. For those couples looking for a unique setting for their wedding with stunning backdrops, charming local vendors, and delicious mom n' pop eateries, look no further than Beaver County. It's the best kept wedding secret of southwestern Pennsylvania!
- CommunityPittsburgh, Brooklyn, and Art
Communities grow and thrive where art is present. That's one of the many reasons why we are honored to support Radiant Hall, an organization that provides a collective space for artists. We recently took a walk with Ryan Lammie, Radiant Hall's Founder.
- CommunityTop 5 Ways to Enjoy the Bluegrass State
Fast horses and smooth bourbon...that's what Kentucky is known for. But we're here to tell you that that the Bluegrass State has even more wonderful things to offer.
- CommunityA Culture of Volunteerism
Volunteering is a huge part of our culture here at Peoples. Every month, our employees are out in the community, helping to make a difference. Here are some of our favorite volunteer experiences from this year.
- CommunityEnjoy a Summer of Music
There's no better time to enjoy live music than during the summer! Here's a quick guide to Southwestern PA's summer concert scene from June through September.
- CommunityTo Play Your Heart Out
"After watching them and listening to them, I knew they were there to give everything they have and to leave nothing on the table. And I was in awe of them." A Peoples employee talks about her experience with the Special Olympics of Pennsylvania.
- CommunityLernerville: A Dirt Track Family
Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines! Lernerville Speedway's opening night is April 21st! We want to talk to you about one of the top racing tracks in the country...and how it's so much more than a sport.
- CommunityRoot, Root, Root for the Home Team!
It's the most wonderful time of the year (baseball season), and we want to show our support for the home team: the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- CommunityTop 10 Ways to Celebrate Spring in Beaver County
Now that warmer weather is finally here, there’s no better place to celebrate the spring than in Beaver County!
- CommunityListen Locally Downstairs: Your New Favorite Concert Series
Join us in supporting local musicians at the "Listen Locally Downstairs" concert series at the Andrew Carnegie Free Library and Music Hall. Shows take place on the 3rd Wednesday of every month, and will feature a variety of musical styles and genres. On Wednesday, April 19th, we'll be soothed by the smooth jazz of Maggie Johnson and Howie Alexander.
- CommunityTop 10 Fish Fries in Southwestern Pennsylvania
For many people in our region, spring weather usually marks the start of the Lenten season. And you know what that means...it's time for some tasty fish fries!
- CommunityMorgan O'Brien on the Cool Down for Warmth
Our CEO Morgan O'Brien will be in the ice house in Market Square on Tuesday, January 31st, supporting Dollar Energy Fund's Cool Down for Warmth fundraiser. He hopes to help raise money for families in need. And YOU can help!
- CommunityThe Art of a Mother and Son
As we spoke to some of the vendors in the Peoples Gas Holiday Market, we met Marcie Macek. An artist who creates one-of-a-kind designs mainly using copper, Marcie reached out to us to share the inspiration behind her art: her son, Jeffrey.
- CommunityDe-stress from the Holidays and Get Outside with Venture Outdoors
Take a break from your holiday shopping and enjoy some fun activities this December, brought to you by our partner, Venture Outdoors.
- CommunityCome One, Come All to the Peoples Gas Holiday Market!
It's the most wonderful time of the year, because the Peoples Gas Holiday Market is nearly here!
- CommunityPeoples Employees "Light the Night" for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- CommunitySurprise and Delight with Savor Pittsburgh
This year's Savor Pittsburgh event was a fun, flavorful night, all to support a fantastic cause!
- CommunityOur Volunteers Laced Up Their Walking Shoes for This Year's March for Babies
Our CEO Morgan O'Brien, kicking off Pittsburgh's March for Babies 2016.
- CommunityCheck Out This Year's Ultimate House
Once again, Peoples will sponsor Pittsburgh Magazines Ultimate House, located at 2500 Smallman in the Strip District. The luxury condos will be open for tours in September, and all proceeds benefit Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Free Care Fund. For a first look, click the video above.
- CommunityWorking Together to Help More People
Peoples is teaming up with the United Way and PA 211 Southwest to reach more people in our region, and let them know that help is available.
- CommunityMaking Your Life Better with the Community Cold Weather Safety Program
During the winter months, we understand that it can be difficult for some customers to pay their utility bills. The Community Cold Weather Safety Program is here to help reach those customers who need some extra help.
- CommunityPeoples Pays It Forward: The "Eat, Drink, Help" Program
The Peoples Eat, Drink, Help Program supports small businesses, local charities, and helps build stronger communities.