Jump to Footer

Pennsylvania Residents Get Help With Gas Bill

If you're a Peoples customer in Pennsylvania, below you'll find programs to help you with your gas bill and reduce energy costs.

  • Play Icon Play Video

    Save Money on Energy by Weatherizing Your Home

Helpful Resources

  • Medical Certification - Termination Notice

    If you have a current termination notice please call 1-800-764-0111 before printing this form to learn more about the Medical Certification process.

    If your account is eligible for a Medical Certification, we will delay termination of service for up to 30 days if you or anyone living in your home is seriously ill. You must have a licensed physician, physician’s assistant or nurse practitioner complete the Medical Certification Form.

    In addition to submitting the signed Medical Certification, you must also make arrangements to pay your gas bill. Contact us with household income and occupant information and, if you are eligible, we’ll provide you with a monthly payment arrangement while maintaining protection under the Medical Certification.


  • PA 211 Southwest

    PA 2-1-1 Southwest is a resource that connects Pennsylvania residents with community, health, and disaster services through a free, 24/7 confidential phone service. 2-1-1 is a FREE, accessible, 3-digit telephone number available to everyone. By calling 2-1-1, you will have easy access to customized health, housing, and human services information in one place. Assistance is confidential and is a great way to connect you or a loved one with community resources that can help.

    PA 2-1-1 Southwest serves the following 11 Counties in Southwestern Pennsylvania: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Mercer, Washington, and Westmoreland.

    PA 211 Southwest
  • PA Homeowners Energy Efficiency Loan Program (HEELP)

    Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency's "Homeowners Energy Efficiency Loan Program" (HEELP) offers 1% APR loans up to $10,000 for specific energy efficiency repairs for low and moderate income households. The loans can pay for:

    • Air sealing, insulation, and ductwork
    • Energy-efficient windows and doors
    • Energy-efficient heating or cooling system repairs or replacements
    • Roof replacements

    For more information about HEELP, please visit the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency. You can also email HOP_Energy@phfa.org and specify "HEELP" in the subject line, or call the PHFA at 800-822-1174.