Peoples will continue to provide you with safe and reliable utility service, clear and concise bills, and fair policies. You, the customer, should know your rights and fulfill your responsibilities to maintain your service.
As a residential utility consumer, you have the right:
- To safe and reliable service
- To a clear and accurate bill
- To fair credit and deposit policies
- To know how your bill is calculated and how to tell if it is too high
- To question or disagree with your utility
- To personal privacy (Peoples has the responsibility of safeguarding your personal information against unauthorized use.)
As a residential utility customer, you also have the responsibility:
- To pay your bill on time
- To provide Peoples with access to your meter
- To give Peoples at least seven (7) days notice before you move or wish to discontinue service. If you fail to notify Peoples, you remain responsible for paying the bills.
You may qualify for special protections if you:
- Are a victim of domestic violence and have a Protection From Abuse Order (PFA)
- Live in a low-income household
- Are seriously ill or a member of your household is seriously ill
In these situations, you will be required to provide proof to your utility.