Essential Utilities Reports Progress towards ESG Commitments
- EnvironmentCelebrating Earth Day
- EnvironmentPeoples Begins Right of Way Maintenance
Peoples is beginning Right of Way maintenance work on April 26, 2021 across our service territory.
- EnvironmentEssential Utilities Publishes 2019 Environmental, Social, and Governance Report
- EnvironmentLearning from Home with Destination Conservation
Peoples Renews Partnership with Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium for Destination Conservation
- EnvironmentTaking Action to Help the Environment
How Peoples is actively reducing greenhouse gases.
- EnvironmentReplacing Pipelines to Reduce Methane Emissions
We're replacing pipelines to better the environment and your community.
- EnvironmentTrailblazing the Way: Peoples Partners with the Rachel Carson Trail Challenge
With summer nearly upon us, there's no shortage of outdoor activities to attend in the Pittsburgh area. One of our favorites, the Rachel Carson Trail Challenge, will take place on June 22nd.
- EnvironmentNational Aviary Opens "Living Dinosaurs" Presented by Peoples
Fly through the Jurassic as a Pterosaur, experience hands-on play with real dinosaur fossils, and learn about the traits that birds and dinosaurs share. It's all part of the National Aviary's new Living Dinosaurs exhibit, presented by Peoples.
- EnvironmentPeoples Partners with Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium for “Destination Conservation”
We kicked off our new partnership with the Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium on Wild Earth Day!
- EnvironmentSolar Power at Peoples
We're utilizing solar energy to creatively solve operational needs.
- EnvironmentP3R’s Largest Races Honored for Sustainability Practices
Zero Waste Achievement Awards recognize the DICK'S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon and EQT Pittsburgh 10 Miler
- EnvironmentHow Our Rate Request Will Keep Customers Safe and Protect the Environment
Maintaining our pipelines is a vital part of what we do every day, and it also helps to protect the environment, too. Our 2019 Rate Request will help to cover the cost of replacing aging pipelines.
- EnvironmentWe're Reducing Methane Emissions by 50 Percent
By using advanced methane detection technology, we will be able to more effectively identify leaks and prioritize our pipeline replacement to reduce methane emissions.
- EnvironmentPeoples Gas, EDF Unveil New Commitment to Help Protect the Climate by Cutting Methane Emissions from Pittsburgh Utility in Half
Pledge is first for U.S. utility, concrete target will bolster city's climate action plan
- EnvironmentPress Conference: Peoples Gas, EDF Will Announce Unprecedented Commitment to Cut Methane Emissions in the City of Pittsburgh
Solutions using advanced leak detection methods foster city and state climate action
- EnvironmentWe're Replacing Pipelines to Reduce Methane
Our pipeline replacement program is helping to protect the environment. And here's what you can expect when we start construction on your street.
- EnvironmentFrom (CEA) Farm to Table
What is Controlled Environment Agriculture, you ask? We're talking about farms of the future, and how Combined Heat and Power plays a crucial role.
- EnvironmentWalk Off the Turkey with Venture Outdoors
Keep moving this holiday season with these fun (and fit!) activities, brought to you by our partner, Venture Outdoors.
- EnvironmentA Fifty Year Friendship
In the 1960s, we first became involved with the Westmoreland Conservation District through one of our employees, J. Roy Houston. Over the past five decades, the partnership, and the friendship, has continued to grow.
- EnvironmentSaving the Trees, Pittsburgh Style
We're partnering with Tree Pittsburgh, TreeVitalize Pittsburgh, and 9 Mile Run to help grow the tree population of Allegheny County.
- EnvironmentWest Virginia: Your Ultimate "Get Outside" Destination
We put together a list of the best summer activities to do in the great outdoors of wild, wonderful West Virginia!
- EnvironmentAre Natural Gas Vehicles the Wave of the Future?
Natural gas is clean-burning, domestically produced, and readily available. For all of these reasons, Natural Gas Vehicles are well-suited for consumers, transportation fleets, and heavy-duty vehicles.
- EnvironmentTake Wing this Spring at the National Aviary
Last year, we helped the National Aviary raise $35,000 to support their Avian Conservation Fund, which is helping to save certain species of birds, like the Andean Condor, from exinction. If you've never visited the Aviary, you're missing out! Take a look at some of their one-of-a-kind upcoming events and show your support of this national treasure.
- EnvironmentOur Environmental Commitment: Learn, Discuss, and Take Action
Celebrate Wild Earth Day with us at the Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium on Friday, April 21st! Or join us at one of the other many amazing Pittsburgh Earth Day events, like the Ecolution Fashion Show or the Sustainability Business Breakfast. As a company, we're taking action to help protect our region's environment, and you can, too!
- EnvironmentProtecting Our Water, Protecting Our Region
We believe that protecting our water supply is crucial to the health of the environment and to all people who live in this region. That's why we volunteered to invest $500,000 in the City's Safe Water Plan, and why we're working with organizations like the River Alert Information Network.
- EnvironmentTake Advantage of Warmer Weather with Venture Outdoors
Spring is finally here to stay, and we're ready to get back outside! Our partner, Venture Outdoors, has some great ways you can enjoy the warmer weather. From kayaking on the rivers downtown to a Wildflower Walk at Raccoon Creek State Park, they've got the perfect outdoor activity for you and your family.
- EnvironmentChecking Your Pulse – Healthier Food for a Healthier World
We enjoy thinking of new ways to get cooking with natural gas, but we recognize that what you eat is just as important as how you make it. So we got some advice from Alicia Koloski, a Licensed Dietitian and Nutritionist, and learned a bit about a fascinating food group: pulses.
- Environment5 Fun Date Nights for the Outdoorsy Couple
Our partner, Venture Outdoors, is ready to help you wow your sweetheart this Valentine's Day with the perfect gift...spending time together in the great outdoors! Whether you want to try a nice brew after a good hike, or learn how to cross country ski together, they've got the perfect date for you!
- EnvironmentHow to Keep Your New Year's Fitness Resolution
Get fit AND get outside this winter with our partner, Venture Outdoors!
- EnvironmentWhy "RAIN" Matters
Peoples is proud to announce our partnership with the River Alert Information Network, or RAIN.
- EnvironmentLet’s innovate rather than bicker over sources of energy
We can provide power that is both affordable and environmentally sensitive.
- EnvironmentA Better Ride for the Environment
Natural Gas Vehicles (NGVs) produce 29% less greenhouse gas than vehicles running on gasoline.
- EnvironmentOur Commitment to Reducing Methane Emissions
Peoples has accepted the EPA's Methane Challenge to reduce methane emissions.