Natural gas is clean, safe, and reliable. It's the best choice for your energy needs. We can help your company utilize natural gas to save big on your energy bills, all while helping the environment.
If you're interested in lowering your carbon footprint and lowering your energy bill, our experts are excited to learn more about your project and your energy needs.
Let's Talk Power Plants
Peoples offers progressive programs to serve power plants and will work with you to develop the best solution for your energy needs.
Using gas to generate electricity significantly reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
Fueling your power plant with natural gas eliminates fly ash, a waste product of coal.
Peoples provides transportation services to serve dedicated gas fired plants, start-up or flame stabilizing for coal fired plants, and co-fire coal and gas plants.
Let's Talk Landfills and Biogas
Peoples provides programs to collect unconventional gas, including gas produced from landfills and sanitation treatment plants would otherwise be flared or sequestered.
Methane is the second most prevalent greenhouse gas, accounting for about 10.6% of all U.S. greenhouse gas emissions from non-industrial sources. Landfills are the third largest source of methane emissions in the United States.
Gas produced by landfills and sanitation treatment plants (using digesters) can be purchased by Peoples, marketed to pool operators serving large commercial and industrial customers, and redelivered to an interstate pipeline for transportation to other markets.
Let's Talk Local Gas Production
Peoples has progressive programs for unconventional gas produced from Marcellus and Utica wells in Pennsylvania that would otherwise be transported to other states.
Tying gas produced in Pennsylvania directly into Peoples’ pipeline system avoids interstate pipeline costs. Those savings benefit our customers.
Gas produced by Marcellus and Utica wells can be purchased by Peoples, marketed to pool operators serving large commercial and industrial customers, and excess supply can be redelivered to an interstate pipeline for transportation to other markets.
Let's Talk Microturbines
Microturbines are small electricity generators that burn gas and liquid fuels. Peoples can help your company save big on energy with microturbines.
Microturbines give you options, as they can be used in power-only generation or in combined heat and power (CHP) systems.
In resource recovery applications, microturbines burn waste gases that would otherwise be flared or released directly into the atmosphere.
Microturbines are a flexible technology that can provide all or just a portion of the power needed in a commercial facility; they can be used for both base load power and backup power generation.
Other Commercial Uses of Natural Gas
Benefits of Natural Gas Space Heating and Cooling
Commercial Space Heating:
- Reduce operating costs compared to oil, propane, electricity, and steam.
- Flexible boiler designs and sizes for steam or hot water.
- Infrared radiant heat, which is ideal for industrial plants.
- Quick payback on equipment purchases when switching from steam or electricity.
Commercial Space Cooling:
- Reduce electric demand costs.
- Reduce operating costs compared to electric equipment.
- Quick payback on capital equipment cost.
- Improve indoor air quality.
- Reliable energy supply that’s better for the environment.
Benefits of Natural Gas Food Service Equipment
- Lower operating cost compared to electric equipment.
- Instant heat for faster results.
- Precise temperature control.
- Cleaner dishes with gas booster water heaters.
- Maximum heat at the lowest cost with a gas fryer.
- Various equipment models will fit any kitchen configuration.