Did you know that natural gas has the lowest carbon footprint of all fossil fuels? If you want to learn more about why natural gas is the better choice over oil, click here to watch a quick video that shows you how you can save money AND help the environment by switching to natural gas.
Why Natural Gas?
Peoples wants to help you take advantage of all the benefits that natural gas has to offer! There are many reasons to choose natural gas and natural gas appliances.
Natural gas is cost effective
- Peoples is regularly among the lowest natural gas rates in Pennsylvania.
- Lower home heating costs
- Lower hot water costs
- Lower clothes drying costs
- Lower cooking range costs
Natural gas is clean
- Natural gas emits 45% less CO2 than coal and 27% less than oil. Natural gas helps to reduce pollution and maintain a clean and healthy environment, when use in lieu of these other fossil fuels.
- Natural gas is the cleanest of the fossil fuels.
- It can be used in many ways to help reduce the emission of pollutants into the air.
Natural gas is reliable
- You do not need to watch tank levels.
- You do not need to pay for the product prior to using it.
Natural gas is safe
- Ongoing maintenance and system upgrades
- Highly trained personnel
- Oversight from the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission
Natural gas is plentiful
- More gas is produced in Pennsylvania than the Gulf of Mexico.
- Pennsylvania natural gas prices are some of the lowest in the country.
- When our region faces extreme cold weather and energy prices around the country fluctuate greatly, western Pennsylvania natural gas prices are not significantly impacted.
Using natural gas supports economic development
- Buying Pennsylvania-produced natural gas supports Pennsylvania's economy, and we purchase 90% of our gas locally.
- Home owners and small businesses place a higher property value on buildings that have natural gas service.
- Lower priced energy supports business growth and encourages businesses to be located in Pennsylvania.
Based on today's energy costs, residential customers converting to natural gas from oil, propane, or electricity can expect to save thousands of dollars per year for many years to come.
Serious Savings with Natural Gas
Reduce Your Energy Costs by 50%
A natural gas dryer can save you nearly 50% in energy costs when compared to an electric dryer. Gas dryers heat up and dry your clothes more quickly than electric dryers, maximizing energy efficiency.
Save More than Money
Energy Star is a voluntary EPA program that helps businesses and individuals save money on energy while protecting our environment. Energy Star certifies energy efficiency; the Energy Star blue label indicates that a product, home, building, or factory is doing the right things to save energy. Learn more on the Energy Star website.