Jump to Footer
Dollar Energy Fund WV
Dollar Energy Fund is available to Peoples customers in West Virginia.
Dollar Energy Fund grant (DEF) is funded by our customers, with a matching grant from Peoples. It provides grants to people with low or fixed incomes. To be eligible for a DEF grant, you must meet the following criteria:
- Your gas service is OFF or in threat of termination.
- You must have applied for LIHEAP/Crisis benefits first (when open).
- Your account must be for residential service (single family or apartment).
- The name on the account must be for an adult currently living in the household.
- You must have made a good faith payment on your account within the last 90 days of applying for the grant.
- Your gross income must be within the income guidelines listed below.
2022 Federal Poverty Guidelines: Dollar Energy Fund Hardship Grant
|For each additional person, add:
*Please note that the Dollar Energy Fund is open for a short time each year, and funds are limited.
How to Apply
To review the application process, visit the Dollar Energy Fund website or speak with one of our customer support representatives at 1-800-400-WARM (9276). You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you confirm that you're eligible for Dollar Energy Fund assistance, you can apply through one of Dollar Energy Fund's partner agencies. Use Dollar Energy Fund's Agency Finder to find a Community Based Organization or agency in your area. You can then make an appointment with that agency to apply for a Dollar Energy Fund grant.
Find an Agency to Apply
We'll give you a hand
By answering a few anonymous questions about your income and situation, our ProgramFinder will show you which programs you may be eligible for.
Find out if I'm eligible
Don't worry. We'll keep all of your information private.