The Peoples Go With Gas program allows us to extend our lines, so that we can provide natural gas to more homes, businesses, and developments. While many communities throughout Pennsylvania have not had access to natural gas in the past, this program gives peoples across the region a more affordable option than oil, propane, or electricity. We encourage you to learn more about our Go With Gas program and let us know if you're interested in natural gas service for your business.
Business and Industry
Peoples can provide natural gas services to your new commercial building or development projects. Whether it's a big or small job, we've got you covered! Review the steps below to get the process started.
Step 1: Review our Service Finder Map
Further information will be required to determine if a tap or mainline extension will be needed. (There could be a cost associated with extending our services to the property)
Step 2: Request letter of gas availability, if needed
- A letter of gas availability is used to provide verification that gas is available near the proposed project area.
- Further information will be needed to determine if a tap or mainline extension will be needed. There may be a cost associated with extending our services to the property
Step 3: Complete a Gas Application
- Complete a gas application to provide load information and project specifics - including sending an Auto Cad File (.dwg file). This information will be sent to our design and planning departments.
- Your gas application will be evaluated and it will be determined if a tap or mainline extension is needed to serve your project.
- If a mainline extension is required, you will work directly with a sales representative to sign a line extension agreement to prepare for the installation of the mainline to get to gas to the new service address.
Step 4: Receive Approval Letter for your project
A letter of approval will be sent out by the operations department once a tap or mainline extension is approved internally and is ready to be installed.
Step 5: Schedule Install (if a mainline extension is needed)
- If a mainline extension is required, you will need to coordinate with Peoples to schedule this install.
- You will receive contact information for the construction supervisor that has been assigned to your project.
- Notify the construction supervisor when you are ready for your install. Ensure that you have provided this information with at least 6 weeks lead time to allow for scheduling.
Step 6: House Line Installation
- The pipeline from where the line is tapped to where the meter is set, will need to be put in by your plumber or contractor. Here is a list of Operator Qualified Plumbers in our service territory.
- Once this step has been completed, a Service Installation Record form will need to be submitted to Peoples Natural Gas. This indicates that the line has been installed and tested by your plumber.
Step 7: Service Line Tap/Meter Set
- A Service Installation Record form will need to be submitted to Peoples. This indicates that the line has been installed and tested by your plumber.
- Peoples will then come out to inspect the pipeline that your plumber has installed. If it passes inspection, the tap can take place and the meter can be set.
- If it the line does not pass inspection, it will be red tagged. The issues must be addressed and another Service Installation Record will need to be submitted to Peoples.
- For status updates on your tap and meter set, please call us at 412-395-5550 or email us at email@example.com.
Step 8: Service Turn-on
We're Expanding Our Service Territory