Builders and Developers
As a builder or developer, you have many energy options to choose from. But in terms of efficiency and reliability, you should look no further than natural gas.
Step 1: Review our Service Finder Map
Further information will be required to determine if a tap or mainline extension will be needed. (There could be a cost associated with extending our services to the property)
Step 2: Request letter of gas availability, if needed
- A letter of gas availability is used to provide verification that gas is available near the proposed project area.
- Further information will be needed to determine if a tap or mainline extension will be needed. There may be a cost associated with extending our services to the property.
Step 3: Complete a Gas Application
- Complete a gas application to provide load information and project specifics - including sending an Auto Cad File (.dwg file). This information will be sent to our design and planning departments.
- Your gas application will be evaluated and it will be determined if a tap or mainline extension is needed to serve your project.
- If a mainline extension is required, you will work directly with a sales representative to sign a line extension agreement to prepare for the installation of the mainline to get to gas to the new service address.
Step 4: Receive Approval Letter for your project
A letter of approval will be sent out by our operations department once a tap or mainline extension is approved internally and is ready to be installed.
Step 5: Schedule Install (if a mainline extension is needed)
- If a mainline extension is required, you will need to coordinate with Peoples to schedule this install.
- You will receive contact information for the construction supervisor that has been assigned to your project.
- Notify the construction supervisor when you are ready for your install. Ensure that you have provided this information with at least 6 weeks lead time to allow for scheduling.
Step 6: House Line Installation
- This consists of the pipeline from where Peoples service line is tapped (at the property line, where a curb box is installed) to where the meter is set. The customer/developer is responsible for installing this line, which will need to be put in by your plumber or contractor. Here is a list of Operator Qualified Plumbers in our service territory.
- Once this step has been completed, a Service Installation Record form will need to be submitted to Peoples. This indicates that the line has been installed and tested by your plumber/contractor.
Step 7: Service Line Tap/Meter Set
- A Service Installation Record form will need to be submitted to Peoples. This indicates that the line has been installed and tested by your plumber.
- Peoples will then inspect the pipeline that your plumber has installed. If it passes inspect, the tap can take place and the meter can be set.
- If it the line does not pass inspection, it will be red tagged. The issues must be addressed and another Service Installation Record will need to be submitted to Peoples.
- For status updates on your tap and meter set, please call us at 412-395-5550 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 8: Service Turn-on
When you are ready for your gas service to be turned on, please call our Customer Service department at 1-800-764-0111 to schedule the turn on.